Wednesday, October 15, 2008

In Shock...




Okay...this morning around 5:30...mom opens the front door because she heard one of our cats crying to come in. At first she thought one of the kittens got out but then she quickly figured out it was our cat Harry, who has been gone for over 3 weeks. We basically thought she was either dead or found a new home.

Anyhow, she hobbled up the stairs and straight to the cat food bowls in the kitchen. I bent down to pet her and check her out. She had lost a lot of weight and had a hurt foot. As I looked further at her leg I noticed there was not a paw there...Yes....you read it right...no paw. Upon further assessment of her injury it turned out that her right back leg had been broken off and all that was there were two bones sticking out.


Needless to say, mom and I cried for joy that she was home but also because she was hurt. Mom took her back to her bed and cuddled Harry while we were waiting for the vet's office to open up at 7:4o.


We took her to the vet and of course they told us she was severely dehydrated, malnourished, had an infection and that they would have to amputate her leg up to her hip.


She is currently getting pain medicine and getting rehydrated and tomorrow morning she will have her leg surgery.


Wow...God is awesome!! It really hit me like a ton of bricks today...the thought of what poor Harry had been through made me feel ill. But she made it....she fought for her life and now she's back home where she knows she is loved.

*tear*


Anyhow, that was the craziness that occurred today. I've got clinical tomorrow and then the exit exam on Friday. *prayers please*

I love you all and take care.




Megan loving on Harry



Harry snoozing on my bed
Harry when I dressed her up for St. Patty's day

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh! That's horrible! Poor Harry! I'm glad she was able to make her way back home.