Friday, September 26, 2008

Back from the hiatus


Sorry for the mild hiatus, but blogging has not exactly been on my priority list lately.


School, work and clinical have consumed my life as of late.


By the grace of God, I was blessed with an opportunity to transfer floors where I work. God has allowed me to see a completely different side of Nursing that I very much appreciate. As a result of working in Psych, I now know that I prefer not to be a psych nurse.

God blessed me with a job offer on the floor I'm actually doing my clinicals on *Med/Surg*.

I am very thankful that God is continuing to look out for me with work, seeing as I have been stressed out about the psych unit lately.


I have 63 hours of clinical finished so far, only 177 hours left for the semester! I've gotten to do all sorts of cool things ie: start IV's / give meds / discharge & admit patients / patient teaching etc.

I have been studying everyday for my nursing school exit exam. This exam will be tough, but I just want to praise God ahead of time for the victory of me passing this exam the FIRST time (on October 17th).


After working 3-11 Friday through Sunday and 12 hour shifts on Monday and Tuesday for clinical, I was basically exhausted for school on Wednesday. We just happened to have our first exam that day...let me just say that I have NEVER in my life fallen asleep during exam...until Wednesday. Sadly I made a 73 on it, but I will pull my grade back up.

Working and going to school is a tough act to follow at times.


Well everyone, I am pooped and I do believe I will hit the hay.


Love you all!

0 comments: