Thursday, October 25, 2007

Weekly update


Hey everyone! Sorry it's been a little while since my last post. This week has been busy! Today was our last day working in pediatrics and I had a blast with my patient. He was a 16 month old boy that came in with difficulty breathing and oh my gosh he was adorable! His mom and dad have their hands full with this little boy and his twin brother not to mention their child that is 3 years old as well! I went into their room around 8 am and the little boy was wide awake standing in his crib. I did an assessment on him and he had the best time playing with my kitty-cat name badge holder. I have a little light on my name badge that allows me to check pupil reflexes and he thought it would be a good idea to shove it up his nose to see if his nose would light up! *that didn't last long needless to say*
I asked his mom if she minded if I walked him around the unit in one of our play cars *basically a stroller/car* and she was like, "Please! I need a break!!" So my little buddy and I cruised around the unit for 25 minutes. We would make pits stops to say hi to everyone and of course he stole everyone's heart with his big brown eyes and great big smile.

I think pediatrics is an option for me later in my nursing career, kids are just awesome to get along with. We start our labor & delivery rotation next Wednesday and that will be our final rotation for the semester! *WHOOT WHOOT*
My fellow classmates and myself are trying to keep up with our many projects and tests as well as study for a mandatory mid-curricular 'Fake Nursing boards' test. If we do not pass this test the first two times then we fail the ENTIRE semester regardless of how awesome our grades are. I know for a fact that pharmacology will be my best buddy for the next 3 weeks until the test on Nov. 16th.
**PRAYERS NEEDED FOR OUR ENTIRE CLASS TO PASS THE FIRST GO AROUND***

Mom is worrying all of us because we think her gallbladder is inflammed. She has so much on her plate with being the manager of 4 units at the hospital AND going for her masters. She basically doesn't have time to be sick, but as we all know when our bodies decide to be evil it's usually not on OUR schedule. Please pray for mom and that the Lord would heal her whether it is with surgery or without and that she would have peace about work and school during the process. I've got a hard working momma and she hates to get behind, but she needs to realize that her health needs to come first right now.

Well everyone, I'm going to get off of here and study, study STUDY!!

I love you all and take care!

0 comments: