Saturday, October 13, 2007

A life long dream coming true


Wow, let me start this post by saying GOD IS AMAZING!!
With that said, let me elaborate on all of the awesomeness that has happened as of late.

1.) I had my interview with the behavioral health department *at the hospital I work for* I basically yacked for an hour about how awesome Art Therapy is and my studies / experiences with patients / gave examples of exercises for expressive drawing *amongst other things*
Needless to say the department mangagers were like, "So Amy, when do you wanna start?!" Amy says: "AS SOON AS POSSIBLE".
My position will still technically be Nurse Intern I, but I will be developing and teaching the Art Therapy program for the entire department!
**Special Props to God for blessing me with this opportunity, especially since I don't have a degree in art therapy yet.**

2.) I took my second pediatrics exam yesterday and got a B+ !! The class average was a C, which sounds kind of bad but this is a very hard class. You've never taken a test unless you have taken one from Nursing school. You can study and study and study the material, but unless you can use those good ole' "Critical Thinking Skills" you are basically S.O.L.
**For further perspective, my original class of 90 has dropped to 65 in just one semester**


Needless to say, life is good because God is good!!

I will now leave you with an awesome song by one of my favorite Christian artists, Jeremy Camp. *This song and the Bible verse it is based on, are what I live by everyday** Enjoy!

2 Corinthians 5:7 "for we walk by faith not by sight"


0 comments: