Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life after Nursing school...


glitter-graphics.com

First of all, I want to thank everyone for the well-wishes! I am thankful for everyone of you!

It's still hard to believe that I will not be studying for a test anymore. In fact it still hasn't sunken in that I'm out of school...and it's been three months!
I guess I will never truly stop learning, especially being in the medical field.
Even though I am outrageously thankful to pass boards and officially have the title of 'Registered Nurse', I feel....weird. It's hard to explain, but I feel as though I must figure out how to 'live again'. For the past 6 years, my life has consisted sole of studying, working eating and sleeping...oh yeah and the occasional outing with friends.
It's kind of sad that I have to do some soul searching to figure out what I like now. I mean some things are still the same, ie: photography, coffee and books.
For example, when I went shopping for towels for my new place, I went straight for the wisteria ones with butterflies...instead of pink...or even gold and blue. Another example is when my Monky kitty didn't work out at the apartment, I was seriously considering getting a small dog....A DOG!!! Me...Amy....that has grown up with cats her whole life!
Anyhow, I guess it will take some time to figure out what I like now. It's like trying to figure out who I am all over again!

Am I the only one this has ever happened to?? I tend to be different than most people anyhow.... lol.

Well everyone, I'm going to get off of here and hang with Geoff and Megan in their new apartment!
Take care everyone!

0 comments: