Saturday, March 14, 2009

Antique shopping and a kitty

One thing I love to do is go antique shopping with my mom. We are fortunate to have nice antique stores here where I live. Some stores have ridiculously high prices and some stores are just plain awesome with their prices. What I love most is when you find that little something special...kind of a diamond in the rough.

Here are some pics of a fun day of antique shopping w/mom:


Mom standing by an antique vanity
I bought for $83



I'm going to sand this down and paint
it white, it'll look great in my room!



Another view


Awesome butcher block mom likes



Oak chest of drawers for around $200



Then of course there is that one piece
you love...but it's ungodly expensive..
Mom frowning at the $650 cabinet
*this is the discounted price*


Last, but certainly not least the other fun news....I GOT A NEW KITTY!


As you all know, Monkey kitty was home sick for mom and dad's so we brought her back. Anyhow, mom bought me a kitten from the animal shelter and she is gorgeous! I will be picking her up from the vet on Monday afternoon! I'm so excited! Her name is Luna, because she is a beautiful white fuzzy kitty with a sweet disposition. She also has one green eye and one blue eye. Here are some pics from the animal shelter:



Here is Ms. Luna!
Mom holding Luna

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I love that vanity! So pretty.

And yay for sweet kitties! Luna is very pretty.