Friday, February 20, 2009

Wow...My brain is fried

Studying for boards is like guessing the correct winning numbers for the lottery. Thus my minor frustration in studying at present. The big stuff I'm focusing on are as follows:
-Electrolyte imbalances
-Cardiac -Pharmacology
-o.b.

Many of my former classmates have passed NCLEX already in which I praise God for.
One definite plus is that I don't have to make a set score, I must get more questions right than wrong...consistently.

Interesting yet bothersome quick story:
At around 8:30 I was in bed at my apartment when I hear someone banging on my front door. After a minute of banging someone actually opened my front door. It was the maintenance man changing the filter on my heat pump. I was in my pajamas...what if I had been in the shower?!! Seriously, can he really do that??!! I'm calling my landlord on Monday about it. I mean, it would be different if I had gotten a note the day before so as to prepare. I am thankful, however, for having been fully clothed although quite disheveled in appearance.



I'm doing a photo shoot tomorrow for my sis-in-law's new bridal business. They are sponsoring a bridal/fashion show in which my oldest brother will be modeling with Miss Jonesborough, amongst others. This should be interesting.


Anyhow, I'm currently at mom and dad's and will be heading home soon. Take care everyone!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I just did a quick look in Tennessee law and it doesn't explicitly say the landlord must get your consent to come in, but that is generally an implied agreement when you take possession of the property. The law does say that you have to give consent for reasonable access to the apartment for repairs and that the landlord can enter without consent in an emergency.

I think it is perfectly reasonable for you to call your landlord and request that if any maintenance work is to be done, you need to be notified ahead of time - even if it's just a phone call to give you a heads up that would be better, although ideally you would want 24 hour notice. As a single woman living alone, that is an absolutely reasonable request. Also, is there a chain lock on your door? If so, any time you are home alone, lock that too.

Your city laws may have more restrictions, but I didn't look into that. For instance, in Chicago the landlord must give 48 hours notice before entering the apartment.

zamy said...

Thanks for the research Kelly!
Yeah, a phone call would have at least been nice (even if it was 10 minutes in advanced).
Sadly I don't have a chain on my apartment door. I will talk to my landlord about that one as well.
Thanks for the advice!