Friday, May 8, 2009

WARNING...work related venting

To make a VERY long story short, I received report on 6 patients I was to have for the remainder of the shift. The nurse lost most of his information on the patients....he didn't give 3/4 of the patient's medicines today....he left me to do a transfer with no patient information....4 out of 6 patient's had not received pain medicine that they needed due to surgeries....one was left in pee for a few hours and to top it off he was looking up stuff on ebay on the medicine cart computer.


Okay, I'm usually a very upbeat individual that likes to spread peace and love wherever I go...

however when it comes to my patient's I am VERY protective of them.
I was LIVID...

I knew I was mad especially when half of my co-workers that have never seen me mad were backing away from me while I vented in the breakroom.
No one....and I mean NO ONE deserves to be treated that way ESPECIALLY when they are sick in the hospital.

Grrrrr!!!!

Okay, I'm done.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go sista!!! As nurses we are the patient advocate...to protect from even other nurses. Every dog has his day. Love ya, Mom

Kelly said...

I am so, so happy there are nurses like you out there!