Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bum-to the -Er (Bummer)

Well usually I have something all nice and happy to write about, but today I just need to vent!

Today I retook an exam for Nursing school called the HESI and I did not pass. This is a fake nursing boards exam that just so happens to be incredibly and vitally important to my future of graduating from ETSU and becoming a Nurse.
The test consists of 110 questions, and contains basically EVERYTHING I've learned up until now in school. Topics are as follows:
-Pharmacology (any drug/reactions/side effects etc)
-Health Assessment (everything related to doing a head to toe assessment on someone)
-OB/Gyn (pregnancy stuff ...hypertension. etc)
-Psych (every mental disorder from schizophrenia to Anorexia and how to treat)
-Med Surg. (the basic foundations of nursing: fluid/electrolyte imbalance to infections)
-Pediatrics (developmental stages/milestones/delays etc)
-Advanced concepts (EKG recognition/CPR etc)

....I could literally go on.....and on and ON!!
I have one more try to take this exam, next month, January 7th. The consequences would be being kicked out of nursing school.

I KNOW God put me in Nursing school, I KNOW that He wants me to pass. I KNOW that this storm will pass and light will shine again.

As of now my Christmas vacation will consist of the following:
*Studying profusely (mainly pharmacology and health assessment)
*Working out 5-6 days a week
*Working at the hospital
**most importantly** Giving it ALL to the Lord

I keep reminding myself that everything will be okay, it is just a test....

Shew...I need some major prayers everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you! I'm a recent nursing school grad, so the agony is still very fresh in my mind. Keep trusting in God like you are, because He will see you through. Satan doesn't like godly nurses, because they're one of his worst threats! Just think of all the lives you will touch for Jesus as a nurse, and have already touched on your journey. God wants to use you in a mighty way, because you have a willing servant's heart for Him. Those "white knuckle" moments show us just how powerful God is. If God wants you be a nurse, and you are willing, He WILL make it happen.

zamy said...

WOW! Thank you anonymous!
I told my mom *a cardiac nurse* for years that I would NEVER be a nurse. Well.. God put it on my heart to apply to Nursing school a few years ago. I was like, "Are you sure??" lol
Anyways, I got in on the first try, with a mediocre GPA. God has just put me everywhere I've needed to be at the exact time I needed to be there! I know beyond a doubt that He wants me to be a Nurse, though I never in a million years thought I'd be fit for the calling.

Thank you for your love and insight. You are a blessing!

Kelly said...

I'll be praying for you, Miss Amy! I'm SO sorry for the disappointment and the stress that you're under now. Hopefully you'll be able to take a little time to have fun over the holidays. Love you!